Our soft and tender almond flour pumpkin muffins are gluten free, bursting with fall flavors, and super easy to make!
- blanched almond flour* 2.5 c (275 g)
- baking soda 1 tsp
- salt ½ tsp
- ground cinnamon 1.5 tsp
- ground cloves ½ tsp
- ground nutmeg ½ tsp
- pumpkin puree 1 c (250 g)
- brown sugar ½ c (100 g)
- eggs 3 large
- vegetable oil ¼ c (60 ml)
- vanilla extract 2 tsp
- dark chocolate chips ½ c (110 g)
- plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C) and line a standard muffin tin with 12 liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Distribute the batter evenly among the muffin liners. Optional: top with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Almond flour: Use a quality superfine blanched almond flour for best results. Certain brands of almond flour have a coarser grind, which will affect the texture of your muffins.
Storing: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze for up to three months.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: almond flour pumpkin muffins, healthy pumpkin muffins, gluten free pumpkin muffins