- flour 2 c (250 g)
- (spooned and leveled*)
- baking powder 1 tbsp
- sugar 2 tsp
- salt ½ tsp
- garlic powder ½ tsp
- butter ½ c (115 g)
- buttermilk, cold 1 c (240 ml)
- (can substitute kefir)
- shredded cheddar 1.5 c (160 g)
- chopped chives 2 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter completely and let cool for several minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and garlic powder.
- When the butter has slightly cooled, whisk it together with the cold buttermilk.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the cheese and the chopped chives, making sure not to overmix the dough.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
Spooned and leveled: Scooping a measuring cup into a flour container can result in much more flour than intended, which can affect the success of your biscuits. To get a more accurate measurement, use a spoon to lightly scoop flour into the measuring cup until it’s completely full. Then run the back of a knife over the cup to gently scrape off any excess.
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: cheddar chive drop biscuits, easy drop biscuits, cheddar chive biscuits