- Finely chop the chocolate and set aside.
- Pour the milk and espresso into a small saucepan. While still cold, sift in the cocoa powder and cornstarch and whisk until smooth.
- Add the sugar and bring the mixture to a slight boil over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- While continuously whisking, add the chopped chocolate and continue cooking until the mixture is smooth, creamy and has thickened (about 5-7 minutes).
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
Chocolate: For the chocolate, I like to use something at around 65-70%. Definitely adjust the sugar to taste depending on the chocolate you choose!
- Cuisine: global
Keywords: sipping chocolate, italian hot chocolate, espresso hot chocolate, coffee hot chocolate