Super thin and wonderfully crispy, our malted chocolate chip cookies are easy to make and bursting with rich flavor!
- butter, softened 1 c (230 g)
- brown sugar 1 c (200 g)
- granulated sugar ¼ c (50 g)
- eggs 2 large
- vanilla extract 1 tsp
- flour 2 c (240 g)
- (spooned and leveled*)
- malted milk powder ½ c (60 g)
- baking soda 1 tsp
- salt ½ tsp
- semi-sweet chocolate, chopped 8 oz (225 g)
- Cream the softened butter with the granulated sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue beating until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, malted milk powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C) and line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, portion the dough out into balls (approximately 2 tablespoons of dough each) and place them on the prepared baking sheets 2 inches (5 cm) apart. They will flatten as they cook.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Spooned and leveled: Scooping a measuring cup into a flour container can result in much more flour than intended, which can affect the success of your cookies. To get a more accurate measurement, use a spoon to lightly scoop flour into the measuring cup until it’s completely full. Then run the back of a knife over the cup to gently scrape off any excess.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: malted chocolate chip cookies, malted milk chocolate chip cookies, malted milk powder cookies