You’ll need just four ingredients for this indulgent no churn oreo ice cream!
- sweetened condensed milk 14 oz (400 g)
- vanilla extract 2 tsp
- heavy cream 2 c (470 ml)
- oreos, roughly crushed* 15 cookies
- (plus 3-4 additional cookies for topping)
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk with the vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until stiff peaks* form.
- Gently fold the heavy cream into the condensed milk with a spatula.
- Carefully mix in the oreo pieces.
- Pour the ice cream into your ice cream container. I recommend a 9×5 inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan, but any freezer safe container will work.
- Sprinkle additional crushed oreos over the top if desired. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least six hours or until scoopable.
Crushing the oreos: To crush the oreos, I place them in a ziplock bag and then use a rolling pin to break them into pieces. Alternatively, you can pulse the oreos in a food processor briefly. Just make sure not to overdo it! This ice cream is best with lots of larger oreo chunks.
Beating the cream to stiff peaks: The heavy cream is ready when stiff peaks form. When you lift the beaters or whisk, the peaks or ridges in the cream will hold their shape without collapsing.
Equipment: No ice cream maker needed for this recipe! You’ll just need a freezer safe container to store your ice cream. I prefer a 9×5 inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan.
Storing: This ice cream can be stored covered in the freezer and is best enjoyed within two weeks.
- Category: dessert
- Method: ice cream
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: oreo ice cream, no churn oreo ice cream, cookies and cream ice cream