Top your creamy burrata pasta with easy basil breadcrumbs for a weeknight dinner you’ll want to make on repeat!
- pasta* 8 oz (225 g)
- olive oil 3 tbsp
- grape or cherry tomatoes, halved 20 oz (570 g)
- garlic, thinly sliced 2 cloves
- burrata 8 oz (225 g)
- salt to taste
- panko breadcrumbs ⅔ c (40 g)
- fresh basil ½ c (20 g)
- salt pinch
- olive oil 1 tbsp
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente.
- Separate the creamy burrata interior from the casing and set aside for the sauce. Roughly chop the casing and set aside to use as a topping.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to burst (about 6-8 minutes). Use the back of a spoon to gently press the unburst cherries down and cook several minutes more.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat to low and add the burrata cream. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Season with salt to taste. Add pasta water to thin the sauce if desired.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce. Top with pieces of the burrata casing and basil breadcrumbs.
- Pulse the panko, basil and salt in a food processor until the basil is finely chopped and the mixture turns green.
- Add the olive oil and continue pulsing until fully incorporated.
Pasta: We recommend rigatoni or penne for this sauce, but you can choose your favorite pasta!
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: italian
Keywords: pasta with burrata, burrata pasta