Infused with a fragrant chamomile simple syrup and fruity peach juice, this gin cocktail is both sweet and fresh! This relaxing cocktail is the perfect recipe to unwind with after a long day!
Since I’ve been homebound for the last few months, I’ve taken to trying my hand at mixology. This, of course, happens between looking for jobs since I just finished my Master’s program!! It’s been an insane ending to an incredible year, which leads me to the most relaxing drink I have been able to come up with – a gin cocktail flavored with peach and chamomile. The soothing properties of chamomile along with its floral sweetness perfectly complement the mixture of gin and peach juice. This cocktail is perfect for a weekend brunch or maybe even a relaxing evening after a long day of job searching!
Tea-infused simple syrups are one of the easiest ways to add a little flavor to your cocktails. I used a plain chamomile tea here, but I also have a delicious blueberry chamomile tea blend that I can’t wait to turn into a syrup to add to my sparkling waters and lemonades! And in a pinch you can use other teas you keep on hand, maybe blackberry or a nice vanilla caramel, and turn them into syrups to top your pancakes and waffles! Using tea bags to infuse your simple syrups with flavor is an excellent way to level up your recipes using just pantry items.
For more cocktail inspiration, make sure to check out these recipes:
- Spiced Gin Fizz
- Becherovka Bramble (Becherovka Cocktail)
- Harvest Moon – Spiced Apple Cider Rum Cocktail
- Chocolate Martini
for one cocktail
- gin 50 ml (1.5 oz)
- peach juice 60 ml (2 oz)
- simple syrup 50 ml (1.5 oz)
- (recipe for chamomile simple syrup below)
- citrus sodato taste
chamomile simple syrup
- water 350 ml (1½ c)
- sugar250 g (1¼ с)
- chamomile tea2 bags
chamomile simple syrup
- Heat the water and add the chamomile tea bags. Let steep for 6-8 minutes and discard the tea bags.
- In a saucepan, bring the chamomile tea and sugar to a simmer over low heat.
- Let the mixture simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally to completely dissolve the sugar.
- Let cool, cover and store in refrigerator.
- Pour gin, peach juice and syrup into a shaker and shake well.
- Pour the cocktail into a glass with ice and top with citrus soda to taste.