Rich and decadent with a crispy crinkle top, these red velvet brownies are ultra fudgy and perfectly sweet!
- butter ½ c (115 g)
- granulated sugar 1 c (200 g)
- brown sugar, packed ⅓ c (70 g)
- cocoa powder, dutch-process 4 tbsp (24 g)
- eggs 2 large
- vegetable oil ⅓ c (80 ml)
- apple cider vinegar 2 tsp
- vanilla extract 1 tsp
- red gel food coloring as needed
- all purpose flour 1 ¼ c (160 g)
- (spooned and leveled*)
- salt ½ tsp
- white chocolate chips, divided 1 cup (170 g)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C) and grease an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a large bowl and whisk in the granulated sugar, brown sugar and cocoa powder until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in the vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract and food coloring.
- Add in the flour and salt and mix until just combined.
- Fold in ¾ of the white chocolate chips (reserve the remaining chocolate chips to sprinkle over the top).
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the remaining white chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Allow to cool before slicing.
Measuring Flour: We highly recommend using a kitchen scale to measure flour. If measuring by volume, use the spoon and level method to avoid over-measuring the flour. Lightly spoon flour into the measuring cup until it’s completely full. Then run the back of a knife over the cup to gently scrape off any excess.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: red velvet brownies