This cheesy roasted jalapeño artichoke dip is perfect as a party appetizer or game day snack!
- jalapenos 4 medium
- whole artichoke hearts 14 oz (400 g) can
- (drained, rinsed and dried)
- garlic, unpeeled 4 cloves
- olive oil 2 tbsp
- cream cheese, room temperature 8 oz (225 g)
- sour cream ¼ c (60 g)
- monterey jack, shredded* 4 oz (115 g)
- parmesan, shredded* 2 oz (55 g)
- salt ½ tsp
Roasting the Jalapeños, Artichokes and Garlic
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C) and line a pan with parchment paper.
- Slice the jalapeños lengthwise, scraping out the seeds and membrane.
- Toss the jalapeños, artichoke hearts and garlic (peel on) with olive oil. Transfer to the prepared pan.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until charred in places, tossing halfway through.
- Remove the skin from the jalapeños. Immediately after baking, carefully place the jalapeños in a ziplock bag for 15 minutes to steam. Peel off the skin.
- Chop the jalapeños and artichokes and squeeze the roasted garlic out of the skin.
Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine the softened cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl and stir to break up the cream cheese.
- Stir in the monterey jack, parmesan and salt.
- Add the chopped jalapeños, chopped artichokes and roasted garlic and mix until evenly combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish.*
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble and brown. Serve hot and enjoy!
Monterey Jack: 4 oz of monterey jack is about 1 cup if shredded on the large holes of a box grater.
Parmesan: 2 oz of parmesan is about 1.5 cups if grated using a microplane.
Baking Dish: A 2-quart baking dish or 8-inch (20 cm) skillet is the perfect size for this dish.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: global
Keywords: jalapeño artichoke dip, jalapeño cream cheese dip, jalapeño dip