Unwind after a long day with this delicious cocktail made with citrusy grapefruit juice, fresh rosemary and your choice of gin or vodka! Rosemary simple syrup turns this grapefruit cocktail into a fragrant and refreshing treat!
This wonderfully simple rosemary grapefruit cocktail is a great addition to any summer evening! To make this delightful drink you just need three essential components: rosemary simple syrup, grapefruit juice, and your favorite spirit. Then just top off your glass with as much club soda or ginger ale as you like!
You’ll only need to squeeze one grapefruit to get enough juice for several cocktails and if grapefruit isn’t your thing, you could definitely substitute with orange juice! As for the alcohol, both gin and vodka work well… but I always opt for gin. The incredibly fresh, herbal taste of rosemary pairs so well with the botanical taste of gin!
The rosemary simple syrup (pictured above) turned out amazing! I immediately started to think about other ways to incorporate the leftover syrup. So far I’ve come up with: in a cup of tea or coffee, maybe to glaze a cake or muffins or as a light dressing for a fruit salad! I think I’ll definitely be making more herbal syrups in the future. Basil and mint are next on my list to try!
While this recipe calls for equal parts simple syrup, grapefruit juice and alcohol, you can play around until you find your ideal combination!
for one cocktail
- gin or vodka 50 ml (1.5 oz)
- grapefruit juice 50 ml (1.5 oz)
- simple syrup 50 ml (1.5 oz)
- (recipe for rosemary simple syrup below)
- club soda or ginger ale to taste
rosemary simple syrup
- water 180 ml (¾ c)
- sugar150 g (¾ с)
- rosemary3 sprigs
rosemary simple syrup
- In a saucepan bring water and sugar to a simmer over low heat.
- Let the mixture simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally to completely dissolve the sugar.
- Remove the syrup from heat and add the rosemary to the saucepan. Let steep for one hour.
- Remove the rosemary sprigs and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Pour the first three ingredients in equal parts into a shaker and shake well.
- Pour the cocktail into a glass with ice and top with ginger ale.
- Garnish with rosemary and a slice of grapefruit!
Did You Make This Recipe?