- 12 ounces (340 grams) cranberries*
- 2 small granny smith apples (peeled, cored and diced)
- ¾ cup (120 grams) dried figs, chopped
- ⅓ cup (65 grams) brown sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) orange juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the apples are tender, the cranberries begin to burst and the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat. Remove and discard the rosemary stems. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week for the best flavor and texture.
Cranberries: Both fresh and frozen cranberries work well in this recipe.
Keywords: apple cranberry chutney, cranberry chutney, cranberry apple chutney