These thick and chewy chocolate chip walnut cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and salty and sure to become a family favorite!
- butter 1 c (230 g)
- dark brown sugar 1 c (200 g)
- granulated sugar ½ c (100 g)
- eggs 2 large
- vanilla extract 2 tsp
- all purpose flour 2 ⅔ c (320 g)
- (spooned and leveled*)
- baking soda 1 tsp
- salt 1 tsp
- semi-sweet chocolate, chopped 8 oz (230 g)
- walnuts, chopped 1.5 c (170 g)
- Cream the softened butter with the brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue beating until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate and walnuts.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to several days.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C) and line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, portion the dough out into balls (approximately 2-3 tablespoons of dough each) and place them on the prepared baking sheets 2 inches (5 cm) apart. They will flatten as they cook.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges. Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Measuring Flour: We highly recommend using a kitchen scale to measure flour. If measuring by volume, use the spoon and level method to avoid over-measuring the flour. Lightly spoon flour into the measuring cup until it’s completely full. Then run the back of a knife over the cup to gently scrape off any excess.
Storing: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Freezing: Baked cookies will keep well in the freezer for up to 3 months. The cookie dough can also be portioned out and frozen for 3 months. Bake directly from frozen and add a few minutes extra to the cooking time as necessary.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: chocolate chip walnut cookies, walnut chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies with walnuts