These irresistible chocolate peanut butter brownies are rich, fudgy and have just the right balance of sweet and salty!
- granulated sugar ½ c (100 g)
- brown sugar ½ c (100 g)
- eggs 2 large
- vegetable oil ¼ c (60 ml)
- vanilla extract 1 tsp
- butter 4 tbsp (55 g)
- semisweet chocolate, chopped 4 oz (115 g)
- unsweetened cocoa powder ¼ c (25 g)
- all purpose flour ⅔ c (80 g)
- (spooned and leveled*)
- salt ½ tsp
- creamy peanut butter* ½ cup (130 g)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C) and grease an 8×8 inch (20×20 cm) baking pan.
- Whisk together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring continuously until smooth.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and whisk in the cocoa powder.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the sugar mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the flour and salt until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Dollop the peanut butter over the brownie batter and use a knife to swirl the mixture. To make it easier to swirl, you can first heat the peanut butter in the microwave until it has a pourable (but still quite thick) consistency.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs. Allow to cool before slicing.
Measuring Flour: We highly recommend using a kitchen scale to measure flour. If measuring by volume, use the spoon and level method to avoid over-measuring the flour. Lightly spoon flour into the measuring cup until it’s completely full. Then run the back of a knife over the cup to gently scrape off any excess.
Peanut Butter: Both natural peanut butters (where the only ingredient is peanuts) and peanut butters such as Skippy and Jif (which generally have added sugar, salt and oil) will work in this recipe. I’ve tested this recipe with Natural Skippy, Trader Joe’s and Crazy Richard’s and they’ve all worked well. Natural peanut butters will need to be thoroughly stirred before measuring and swirling.
- Category: american
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter brownies, peanut butter swirl brownies