- 12 ounces (350 grams) cranberries, rinsed*
- 6 cups (1.5 L) water
- ⅓ cup (120 grams) honey
- Add the cranberries to a small pot with the water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until the berries begin to burst (about 10 minutes).
- Remove the berries from heat and thoroughly mash with the back of a spoon or potato masher.
- Return the pot to heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer an additional five minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the honey.
- Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or a fine mesh sieve and let cool. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Cranberries: I’ve tested this recipe with both fresh and frozen cranberries and both work great!
Keywords: Cranberry Mors, Mors Drink