This traditional Russian cranberry mors drink is refreshing, rejuvenating and delicious! You can drink your cranberry mors as is, top it with a bit of citrusy soda or even use it as a mixer to make the best vodka cranberry cocktail you’ll ever have!
This Cranberry Mors Drink (клюквенный морс) is something that we like to make all year round! The sweet and tart berry drink is wonderfully refreshing on a hot summer day, but it also provides a much needed dose of vitamin C and nutrients during the winter months.
And for more cranberry recipes, make sure to check out our Gin Fizz Cocktail Recipe with Cranberry and Orange and Apple Cranberry Chutney.
Cranberry Mors Ingredients
Along with water, you’ll need just two ingredients to make this mors drink recipe:
- Cranberries: While we used fresh cranberries for this recipe, frozen berries would also work wonderfully. And actually, if the fresh cranberries you find look like they’ve seen better days, frozen cranberries are even preferable — they’re frozen almost immediately after harvest so are often better preserved.
- Honey: I like to use honey to sweeten my mors, but granulated sugar would work just as well. I recommend starting with a bit less honey, and adding more until you reach your preferred level of sweetness.
Step By Step Instructions
This cranberry mors drink recipe can be made in four easy steps:
Step 1: Combine the water and cranberries in a pot and bring to a simmer.
Step 2: Simmer until the berries begin to burst. Remove from heat and mash any unburst berries with the back of a spoon or a potato masher. Then simmer for an additional five minutes.
Step 3: Remove from heat and stir in the honey. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth and discard the pulp.
Step 4: Allow to cool to room temperature. Then transfer to the fridge and serve chilled.
Storing Cranberry Mors
After allowing the prepared mors drink to cool to room temperature, transfer to a pitcher or glass jar. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Switch up the berries. Mors drink can be made with almost any type of berry. Strawberries, blueberries and lingonberries are all great options.
- Add a bit of spice! A cinnamon stick or a few whole cloves will give your cranberry mors a spicy twist!
- Make a cocktail. Use your cranberry mors to make the best vodka cranberry you’ve ever had!
Frequently Asked Questions
Mors (морс) is a traditional Russian berry drink. It’s made by boiling berries with sugar or honey and is generally served cold.
Cranberry mors is incredibly refreshing enjoyed chilled. You can top it with sparkling water or citrusy soda if desired.
Yes! Mors can be made with other berries, such as lingonberries, strawberries and blueberries.
You can substitute the honey for granulated sugar.
If you loved this cranberry mors drink, make sure to check out more of our favorite Russian and Ukrainian inspired recipes:
- Russian Honey Cake Medovik
- Sharlotka Apple Cake
- Russian Pelmeni (Meat Dumplings)
- Pampushky – Ukrainian Garlic Rolls
- Beef Borscht Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links through which we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend products that we genuinely love and would use ourselves.