Smoking hard-boiled eggs adds a delicious twist to this classic appetizer that everyone loves! Infused with a mild smokiness, our deviled eggs are bursting with flavor and easy to make!
- eggs 6 large
- mayonnaise 3 tbsp (40 g)
- dijon mustard ½ tbsp
- lemon juice 1 tsp
- hot sauce* ½-1 tsp
- chopped fresh dill ½ tbsp
- salt to taste
- fried onions (optional) to garnish
- green onions (optional) to garnish
- Boil the eggs. Place the eggs in a pot and cover by 1 inch (2.5 cm) with cold water. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Cover, turn off heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Transfer the eggs to a bowl of cold water and let cool completely before peeling.
- Smoke the eggs. Preheat smoker to 190 F (88 C) and add wood chips* according to manufacturer instructions.
- Place the peeled eggs directly on the grates and increase the temperature to 240 F (115 C). Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs take on a golden bronze color.
- Transfer the eggs to a plate and allow to cool slightly.
- Make the filling: Cut each egg in half and transfer the yolks to a bowl. Add the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, hot sauce, fresh dill and salt. Mash together and mix well.
- Fill each egg with a heaping spoonful of the filling. Top with fried onions and green onions.
Wood chips: Something mild such as apple, maple or alder works best for this recipe.
Storing: Deviled eggs can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. We recommend eating within two days.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: smoking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: smoked deviled eggs, smoked eggs, smoking eggs