Bursting with fresh flavors and packed with veggies, our greek farro salad makes for a satisfying side dish or light lunch!
- farro, rinsed 1 c (160 g)
- vegetable broth* 3 cups (700 ml)
- cherry tomatoes, halved 8 oz (230 g)
- kalamata olives, pitted + halved ½ c (60 g)
- cucumber, chopped 1 medium
- red onion, finely diced ½ small
- green onions, chopped 2 stalks
- fresh dill, chopped 2 tbsp
- feta, crumbled 6 oz (170 g)
- lemon juice 2-3 tbsp
- olive oil 3 tbsp
- salt to taste
- Bring the vegetable broth to boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the farro and cook until tender (about 20-30 minutes).* Drain any excess liquid and rinse with cold water.
- While the farro is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients. Combine the chopped tomatoes, olives, cucumber, red onion, green onion, dill and feta in a large bowl. Fold in the cooked farro.
- Stir in the lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Adjust to taste.
Vegetable broth: Salted water can be substituted for vegetable broth.
Cooking farro: Pearled farro and semi-pearled farro will generally be ready in 20-30 minutes. Whole grain farro will take longer and is best soaked overnight. For best results, follow the cook time on your package instructions.
Storing: This salad will keep for 5 days stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Category: side
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: global
Keywords: greek farro salad, farro salad recipes, farro recipes