Made with just four ingredients, this lemon posset is rich, creamy and comes together like magic!
- heavy cream 2 c (470 ml)
- granulated sugar ⅔ c (130 g)
- lemon zest 1.5 tbsp
- salt ¼ tsp
- fresh lemon juice ⅓ c (80 ml)
For serving (optional): raspberries, fresh mint and shortbread
- In a medium saucepan combine the heavy cream, sugar, lemon zest and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until the sugar dissolves.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, cook for 3 minutes stirring occasionally. Make sure to watch the pot closely so the mixture doesn’t boil over.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in the lemon juice.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 20 minutes. Then pour into a bowl through a fine mesh sieve, discarding the zest.
- Divide among 6 ramekins. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set (approximately 2-3 hours).
Lemons: Two medium-sized lemons should be enough to get the amount of juice and zest needed.
- Category: dessert
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: english
Keywords: lemon posset