This mouthwatering white wine cream sauce is rich, creamy and loaded with fresh spinach!
- pasta, ravioli or gnocchi about 10 oz (300 g)
- butter 2 tbsp (30 g)
- garlic, minced 2 cloves
- red pepper flakes ½ tsp
- white wine ¾ c (180 ml)
- heavy cream 1 c (240 ml)
- fresh spinach 2 handfuls (80 g)
- grated parmesan ¼ c (20 g)
- salt to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for two minutes. Stir in the red pepper flakes.
- Add the white wine and cook for 5 minutes or until it has reduced by about half.
- Pour in the heavy cream. Increase heat to a light boil and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Stir frequently.
- Reduce heat and stir in the spinach. Cook until wilted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan. Season with salt to taste.
- Toss with the pasta and serve.
White wine: A dry white wine, such as Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc, works well in this recipe.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: italian
Keywords: white wine cream sauce