A cookie crust made from crushed oreos and topped with a layer of creamy, chocolatey goodness – these mini cheesecakes are pure bliss in cupcake form!
These showstoppers are essentially nutella cheesecake cupcakes. I actually opted for the cheaper, off-brand version of the chocolate hazelnut spread and I’m happy to report that there was no compromise on taste. Regardless of what you decide to use, these little cheesecakes are sure to be a hit – they’re my most requested dessert!
A few tips – make sure to soften your cream cheese to room temperature. This will help to make your cheesecake creamier and ensure that there are no lumps. Also, be sure not to overbake your cheesecakes! They should be a bit jiggly in the middle when you remove them from the oven. They will set as they cool.
- oreos* 12 cookies
- butter 30 g (2 tbsp)
- flour 2 tbsp
- sugar 5 tbsp
- cream cheese 350 g (12 oz)
- eggs 2 large
- milk 4 tbsp
- sour cream 4 tbsp
- vanilla extract 1 tsp
- nutella 150 g (½ c)
- Preheat oven to 320 F (160 C) and line a cupcake tin with 12 liners.
- Crush the cookies into fine crumbs. Completely melt the butter and mix with the cookie crumbs.
- Divide the mix evenly into the liners, pressing down to form the crust.
- Bake for five minutes, then remove and let cool.
- To make the filling, start by mixing the sugar and flour.
- Add the cream cheese (softened) and, using an electric mixer, beat until smooth.
- While mixing slowly, add the eggs one at a time and continue beating.
- Mix in the milk, sour cream and vanilla.
- Add the nutella or hazelnut spread and continue to beat until completely mixed in.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes. The center of the cheesecake should still jiggle a bit.
- Remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes. Move to the refrigerator for at least three hours before serving.
- *you could also use any other hard chocolate cookie, approximately 140 grams (5 oz)