These mini Nutella cheesecakes feature a buttery Oreo cookie crumb crust and ultra creamy chocolate hazelnut filling!
Made in a standard muffin tin, these Mini Nutella Cheesecakes are pure bliss in cupcake form. Adding Nutella to cheesecake batter is an effortless way to add maximum flavor to these decadent individual desserts!
The magic of these mini Nutella cheesecakes is, unsurprisingly, in the Nutella! The chocolate hazelnut mixture adds a rich and decadent flavor to every bite!
- Crushed Oreos: Oreos make the perfect base for these chocolate hazelnut cheesecakes!
- Butter: Just a few tablespoons binds the Oreos together to form the two-ingredient crust.
- Cream cheese: Use full-fat cream cheese in brick form and make sure to soften to room temperature before using.
- Granulated sugar: You won’t need much sugar here as Nutella also adds quite a bit of sweetness.
- Nutella: The star of the show! The chocolate hazelnut spread adds a rich cocoa flavor and beautiful nuttiness to the cheesecakes.
- Sour cream: Sour cream adds a tanginess that cuts through the richness of the cream cheese and Nutella.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla adds a bit of warmth and depth to the cheesecake batter.
- Kosher salt: Salt balances the sweetness and enhances the overall flavor of these mini Nutella cheesecakes.
- Eggs: Eggs contribute both structure and texture to the batter to create an ultra creamy and decadently rich cheesecake.
Step by step instructions
Step 1: Combine the crushed Oreos with the melted butter. Mix until evenly coated.
Step 2: Firmly press a heaping spoonful of crust into a standard muffin tin with liners. Bake for 5 minutes and then allow to cool.
Step 3: Beat together the cream cheese, Nutella, sugar and salt. Start by beating the cream cheese until completely smooth, then mix in the Nutella, sugar and salt.
Step 4: Add the sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Step 5: Add the eggs one at a time. Beat after each addition until just incorporated. Don’t overmix here!
Step 6: Transfer the batter to the prepared liners. The mini Nutella cheesecakes are ready to bake!
Step 7: Bake for 18-20 minutes. The edges of the cheesecakes will be set, but the center should still be jiggly.
Step 8: Allow the cheesecakes to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then transfer to the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving. I generally let them chill overnight.
Storage and freezing
Mini Nutella cheesecakes can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
The cheesecakes can be frozen for 2-3 months. After allowing the mini cheesecakes to cool, place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until firm. Wrap each cheesecake individually in plastic wrap and store together in a freezer-safe container or bag.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Expert tips and tricks
- Soften your cream cheese to room temperature. This will help to make your mini Nutella cheesecakes creamier and ensure that there are no lumps.
- Don’t overbake the cheesecakes! They should be a bit jiggly in the middle when you remove them from the oven. They will set as they cool.
- Garnish just before serving. If using a whipped cream garnish like I did, make sure to add it just before serving for the best presentation. Or consider using stabilized whipped cream if you’d like to garnish them ahead of time.
- Allow to sit at room temperature 20 minutes before serving. This will make for the creamiest texture!
- Switch up the crust. Not an Oreo fan? Try using graham crackers, Biscoff cookies or even hazelnuts for the crust.
- Use your favorite chocolate hazelnut spread. It doesn’t have to be Nutella, other brands will work just as well!
- Add toppings. I used whipped cream and chopped chocolate to garnish my mini Nutella cheesecakes, but you could also add chocolate ganache, caramel sauce or toasted hazelnuts.
You’ll need a standard muffin tin for these mini Nutella cheesecakes. The recipe makes 12 cupcake-sized cheesecakes.
Yes! You can sub other chocolate hazelnut spreads as long as their consistency is similar to Nutella. I’ve also tested this recipe with ALDI’s chocolate hazelnut spread and it worked well.
Yes! These mini Nutella cheesecakes can be frozen for 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before enjoying.
Loving this mini Nutella cheesecakes recipe? Check out more of our favorite mini cheesecake recipes here:
- Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Mini S’mores Cheesecakes
- Mini Lemon Meringue Cheesecakes
- Mini Mocha Cheesecakes + White Chocolate Kahlua Ganache
This post may contain affiliate links through which we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend products that we genuinely love and would use ourselves.